Due to Covid-19, we have been experiencing higher call volumes and telephone lines are being overloaded across Canada leading to incomplete calls. Please try calling again if there is no answer. Thank you for your patience. You and your call are extremely important to us!
ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – June 19 & 20, 2019
ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is a two day, interactive workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide life-assisting first-aid intervention. This workshop is open to all caregivers, formally designated or not; adults and youth 16 plus.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- Understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognize turning points that connect the person to life
- Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe for now
- Confirm the person at risk’s faith in the safe-plan and their intent to follow it through.
The role of ASIST in a Suicide-Safer Community:
ASIST caregivers complete the process that safeTALK helpers start, providing life assisting, suicide first-aid intervention.
“I use ASIST in virtually every crisis situation, in both of my roles as a volunteer and employee…thank you for this life changing program.”