Northern BC Crisis Centre Upcoming Workshops
We are here to listen, here to help - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Upcoming Workshops: ASIST July 4th & 5th
Location: College of New Caledonia (CNC), Prince George.
For more information or to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is a two-day, interactive workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide life-assisting first-aid interventions. This workshop is open to all caregivers, formally designated or not; adults and youth 16 plus.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- Understand a person who is thinking about suicide’s story about suicide
- Recognize turning points that connect the person to life
- Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person thinking about suicide safe for now
- Confirm the person thinking about suicide’s commitment to the safe-plan and their intent to follow it through.
The role of ASIST in a Suicide-Safer Community:
ASIST caregivers complete the process that safeTALK helpers start, providing life assisting, suicide first-aid intervention.
“I use ASIST in virtually every crisis situation, in both of my roles as a volunteer and employee…thank you for this life changing program.”