Northern BC Crisis Centre Upcoming Workshops
We are here to listen, here to help - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Crisis Centre provides educational workshops aimed at building suicide-safer communities. Our training includes skills training, healthy coping, communication, peer support, and education to prevent and respond to crisis and suicide.
We collaborate with and support agencies, front line workers, social workers, first responders, education providers, industry and the general public to develop an approach to suicide prevention.
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- Understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognize turning points that connect the person to life
- Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe for now
- Confirm the person at risk’s faith in the safe-plan and their intent to follow it through.