Serving the North Since 1970
We are here to listen, here to help - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Crisis Prevention, Intervention and Information Centre for Northern BC believes that it is the right of every individual, in their time of need, to have access to free, confidential, anonymous, and non-judgmental peer support, and/or information and referrals.
We provide crisis intervention, suicide prevention, resource information, education, and confidential peer support for the people of Northern BC.
- We believe in non-judgmental, caring, and empathic peer support.
- We believe in self-determination and the empowerment of individuals to reach their own decisions.
- We value the growth and development of individuals and community.
- We value having a collaborative, sharing partnership within our region.
- We strive to be a reliable source of accurate information for the region.
- We recognize and value the importance of first taking care of ourselves in order to be effective with others.
- We value volunteerism and the opportunities it may provide.
Our 5 Pillars
Humility: We strive to position people & communities as the experts of their own experience.
Integrity: We value a consistent and uncompromising adherence to ethical principles, moral standards, and honesty.
Accountability: We recognize our responsibility to the communities we serve and the individuals we work with.
Collaboration: We work to share knowledge, break down professional silos, and act with transparency.
Service: We are committed to the unconditional support of the communities we serve.